Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Winter decorations by nature, WI


Winter Decorations by Nature - Wisconsin winters
Look at these alluring decorations nature has created on the stairs and the fence. These beautiful pictures definitely please my eyes anytime and why not, I always adore the snowfall scenes in winter.
I have clicked the above picture in Madison, on a beautiful white morning in 2011. It was my first snowy winter in Wisconsin. That winter, it had snowed before but this morning and this snowfall was something else, I had never seen something like this. It had snowed the whole night before, and the snowfall was very smooth because of calm weather. When at night I looked out of my window, it appeared as if the sky is showering light and soft feathers on the entire land. The morning scene was like a dream. I went out for a walk around the neighborhood, of course with my camera. On a turn around a street, I saw this view on a staircase of an apartment building. Being an Indian, I relate this creation to the skillful 'rangoli' designs people in India create in front of their homes. See the picture of a similar decoration I had created back home in India.

The following attractive site is from my university campus in Milwaukee. That photograph is taken in February 2012, when I was going for my classes. It was a soft and snowy morning, similar to the one I had seen in Madison. That day every inch of the trees and the land was covered in white goodness. And adorned with snow the fence surely looks like as if it's ready for some festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment