Sunday, January 24, 2016

Ice Fishing, Lake Mendota, WI


Ice fishing
Lake Mendota, WI
While taking a walk on frozen Lake Mendota, it was a unique experience for me to see many people sitting quietly on chairs, holding various fishing gear. Actually for me, 'walking' on a frozen lake was a unique experience in itself. Haha!!
I also got a chance to interact with a couple of those ice fishermen. Out of my curiosity, I asked them different questions. They gave me some information and even showed me their equipments and the fish they had caught.
Firstly, a perfect hard, safe and good spot is located on the frozen lake. Then, a circular hole is drilled in to it, till the water is seen and then the fishing begins. Those fishermen have a great amount of patience, they sit there for hours and hours. They bring food for the day, chairs to sit and even put up tents to take rest inside.
It was a real fun to try sitting there like them, holding their fishing rod. Ohh, but sitting till I hook and catch a fish, of course wasn't my cup of tea.  ;-)
It was certainly amazing, getting to know and experience all this process.
~~ Seema's Photo Palette ~~



No comments:

Post a Comment