Saturday, January 23, 2016

Frozen Lake, Broomball - Madison, WI



Frozen lake, Broomball
Madison, WI
When I was a child, I had heard about lakes being frozen in severe winter weather. And lakes freeze up to such an extent that, people can walk, play and ride bikes on such "hardened" waters.
I actually got to witness this phenomenon, when I came to Madison. The start of year 2011, was my first winter in Wisconsin.
[Before that, I had already experienced my first snowfall in Chicago, but that's a different story]   :-)
Here I was awestruck to see completely frozen, magnificent lakes like Monona and Mendota. I stepped on to the lake, which was covered by hard ice and snow layer. Initially, I was a bit skeptical but far away on the frozen surface, I was watching many people walking freely, so my inhibition went off quickly. Also because I am an adventurous person at heart, meaning if I sense that there's not much of a threat and others are trying and enjoying the process, I think of giving it a try. So, I started 'walking' on the lake.
Later, the height of my excitement reached when I got to see people playing Broomball on the lake. Broomball is a hockey type game originated in Canada and is played on ice.
See the game shot I captured.
~~ Seema's Photo Palette ~~


No comments:

Post a Comment